Privacy and Cookies Notice
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This notice sets out how we will treat your personal data.
Identity and contact details of the data controller
The website www.volcan.com
(the “Site”) is operated by Agrotequilera de Jalisco, S.A. de C.V., a Mexican company (Moët Hennessyaffiliate), located at 567 Prolongation Medina Ascencio Ejido Huaxtla, ElArenal 45368, Jalisco, Mexico, 3337247054, having its registered address at the National Chamber of Tequila Industry, Mexico, with company number RFCAJA050519NF2, (“Volcan” or “we”) in its capacity of data controller for the purposes of applicable data protection laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of 27 April 2016 and the Californian Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the Federal Law on Protection of Personal Data held by Private Parties (“LFPDPPP” in its Spanish acronym)(or any replacing law, act or regulation regarding Data Protection in force in your country).
Unless otherwise indicated, the Moët Hennessy affiliate with which you are in contact or which is mentioned in the legal notices on the Site or any other document you may receive, whether in your country of residence or abroad, has the capacity of joint controller with Agrotequilera de Jalisco.
What information do we collect?
Personal data is collected directly from you when you use the Site and our services or automatically when you access the Site. Information automatically collected :
● Your IP address and your cookies preferences.
The previous Personal data is collected directly from you.
Information you might send to us via the e-mail email@example.com
for any data request, via the e-mail :
How do you use my personal data?
We collect and process your personal data forthe purposes listed below.
In order to perform a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (legalbasis: Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR) (Art. 10 (IV) LFPDPPP):
● Services,current or future, related to the services we provide and listed in therelevant Terms & Conditions.
In order to comply with our legal obligations(legal basis: Art. 6 (1) (c) GDPR) (Art. 10 (I) LFPDPPP):
● Processing in connection with legal claims and compliance purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal processes or litigation).
Based on your prior consent (legal basis: Art.6 (1) (a) GDPR) (Art. 8 et al.
● Use of certain types of cookies. For more information regarding cookies, please read our Cookies Notice
● Show you targeted advertisements and find other people like you within your social media networks
Based on our legitimate interests (legal basis:Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR), or the applicable legal basis on your country of residence to :
● Ensure the security of our Site and its users and the compliance with our Terms & Conditions of Use
● Improve our services;
● Produce general statistics and understand your preferences better ;
● Show you targeted advertisements and find other people like you within your social media networks ;
● Detect and prevent frauds.
Recipients of personal data
In accordance with law, Volcan may share your personal data with:
● Its affiliates
, to provide you with relevant content and services ;
● Its processors providing it with hosting services ;
● Its processors providing it with support and other marketing services (emailing tools, customer care, ticketing services, statistical analysis services) ;
● Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation, alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose it, you, or any of its other users to legal liability ;
By using the Site, you agree to the aforementioned data transfers that require your consent under the applicable laws in your country of residence. You may “opt-out” by the means provided in the section “Your rights” below.
The Site may contain links to other websites for reference purposes only. We are not responsible for the content, privacy notices or practices of third party websites in these circumstances. Please contact them directly for more information.
We may transfer personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). These countries may have different data protection standards to those which apply in the EEA. Any transfer of your Data outside the EEA is covered by appropriate safeguards compliant with applicable data protection legislation. You have a right to ask us for a copy of these safeguards (by contacting us as set out below).
For any questions regarding data transfers outside the European Economic Area, you can contact Volcan at the address set out below (“Contact DPO” section
The data will be kept for the time necessary to carry out purposes for which they were collected (see table below), unless you request their erasure to Volcan, revocation of consent or there is a legal obligation to keep them for a longer period. They will be deleted at the end of this period or within one month of any request for erasure (this period may vary, according to the law applicable in your country of residence).
Please note however that appropriate data related to subscription of current services will be delete done (1) month after you have notified us that you want to unsubscribe to such services (this period may vary, according to the lawapplicable in your country of residence).
We may update this notice from time-to-time by posting a new version on our Site.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
You may ask us for a copy of your information as well as information on how we process your personal data, to correct it, erase it or to transfer it to other organisations at your request. You also have rights to establish instructions for the management of your data after death, to object to some processing under legitimate grounds and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent, as well as to limit the use and disclosure of your personal data under certain circumstances. In particular, you have rights to object to direct marketing and other secondary purposes at any time. Where we process your data because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you also have a right to object to this. These rights may be limited in some situations (for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your data). Please, note that the rights that you have over your personal data depend on the applicable law in your country of residence, if you have any doubts about the applicable rights under your jurisdiction, please contact the DPO at the contact details below.
In order to respond to your request we may need to ask you to provide proof of identity or additional information. We will endeavour to respond your request as soon as possible.
These rights may be exercised at any time by sending a letter or an e-mail to the Data Protection Officer (DPO) (“Contact DPO”[active link] section).
Protection of persons under legal alcohol drinking and purchasing age
,Volcan does not collect any personal data or information concerning persons who are under legal alcohol drinking and/or purchasing age in their location of residence.
where you can find more information on what kind of cookies we use, what data we collect when using cookies, and what do we use the data for, among other information. The Cookies Notice
should be considered included by reference in this privacy notice.
Cookie Consent Tool.
It is possible to disable cookies in any browser, through the configuration options.
You can find more information reading our Cookies Notice.
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer (DPO) and right to lodge a complaint
Should you have any question about the collection and processing of your Data by Volcan, please contact the Data Protection Officer of Volcan by writing at “Data Protection Officer (DPO)” – 38 Rue de Sèvres – 75007 PARIS or by sending an e-mail.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. However, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities.
Last updated: November 2022
Cookies - what are they?
A"cookie" is a piece of information, like a tag, that is stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. It can help identify your device (like your PC or mobile phone) whenever you visit that website.
Cookies are used by most major websites including Volcan’s. To make the best use of our Site, on whichever device you use, you should allow your web browser to accept cookies.
Whatare cookies used for?
● Give you a better online experience by displaying a customised editorial content based on what you have previously viewed.
● Allow you to set personal preferences (remember your login detail, choose a country and alanguage,).
● Protect your security.
● Measure and improve our service.
● Work with partners and measure the audience.
So what information is kept by the cookie?
A cookie will typically hold:
● The name of the website that it has come from.
● How long the cookie will stay on your device.
● A value(usually a randomly generated unique number).
So what information is kept by the cookie?
We use the following categories of cookies on our Site:
● Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details cannot be provided.
● Performance Cookies: These cookies collect non-directly identifiable information on how people use our Site. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our Site, browse or use our Site and highlight areas where we can improve, such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
● Functionality Cookies: These cookies remember choices you make such as the location you visit our Site from, language and search parameters such as size, colour or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriateto your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be non-directly identifiable and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
● Targeting cookies or advertising cookies: These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
● Social Media Cookies: The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks and allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the website you visit. For example, we use third party companies to provide you with more personalised adverts when visiting other websites. These cookies are not within Brand control. Please refer to the respective privacy notices of the relevant social media networks to find out how their cookies work.
You can access to the list of the cookies we use and
manage your consent by clicking on our Cookie Consent Tool.
We use both first and third party cookies (installed by our partners).
You can access to the list of our trusted affiliates and partners using cookies on our on our Cookie Consent Tool.
How long do cookies stay on my computer?
Session cookies - these cookies only last until you close your browser. They are not stored on your hard drive. They are usually used to track the pages that you visit so that information can be customised for you for that visit.
Strictly necessary cookies - these cookies are stored on your hard drive until you delete them or they reach their expiry date. These may, for example, be used to remember your preferences when you usethe Site. This information collected via cookies is retained for a maximum of twenty-five (25) months and the lifetime of these cookies will not exceed thirteen (13) months from the date of consent. In general, we retain your consent for six (6) months.
What can I do to manage cookies stored on my computer or phone?
Cookie Consent Tool. Besides, it is possible to disable cookies in any browser,
through the configuration options.
What happens if I don’t accept cookies?
If you decline cookies, some aspects of the Site may not work on your computer or mobile phone and you may not be able to access areas you want on the Site.
Last updated: November 2022